Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Questions About Advertising

1.What is the definition of advertising?
2. What degree is necessary for an advertising major?
3. What is a good starting job for an ad major?
4. What would be the starting pay of that job?
5. Do you always work with big firms?
6. What are the departments in an ad agency?
7. Who was a main innovator of modern advertising?
8. When was the first television ad?
9. How old is advertising?
10. How big is the industry?

The textbook I found was "Advertising: Principles and Practice". It only answered a few of my questions but its still an informative textbook. The first tv ad was in 1941. There are hints about advertising in the old testament. The definition of advertising is the activity or profession of producing ads for commercial products or services.
These are the only answers I could find in the online version of the text. It was a very informative textbook and maybe I will use it in my time here at MSU.

1 comment:

  1. The questions that you asked are very interesting. It would have been great if you had answered more but I know that it was hard for me as well to find a textbook that answered my questions. I did not know about to first ad, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete