Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gangnam Style Baby

This week I looked very hard to learn something new about advertising. While I was looking I stumbled across an ad that has been running in the United Kingdom. This ad was very funny and clever and it caught my eye immediately.
The ad was for electronic cigarettes. These cigarettes are supposed to replace the regular harmful cigarettes. The ad starts off with a family gathering and there is a very young baby accompanied by many adults. One of the adults leaves to smoke a regular cigarette and they miss something amazing. While the adult is gone, the baby suddenly learns to walk and dance as it does the internationally famous gangnam style dance. The whole family is stunned and speechless as the baby stops dancing. Just at the same moment, the adult who was smoking the cigarette reenters the room. He notices every mouth in the room agape and asks "What did I miss?".
The point of the ad was to show all the things you could miss by smoking cigarettes regularly. Instead they offer electronic cigarettes which are less harmful and you can smoke indoors. This was an amazing commercial and I'm very glad I found it. Coming from a family with a number of smokers in it, I could really relate to this ad.


Link to the ad ------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lrSavppUj1k

No comments:

Post a Comment