Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kellogg Center Chocolate Party

Over the weekend I attended the 23rd annual MSU Museum Chocolate Party Benefit at the Kellogg Center. What is basically was, was a bunch of businesses and students displaying their chocolate creations. Although this isn't directly related to advertising, there definitely was a lot of advertising present. Most of the advertising I saw was signs for businesses that make chocolate related goods such as bakeries and sweets stores. The event lasted two hours and I don't think I've ever been so full. The main event of the afternoon was a contest to see which business or student had the best chocolate creation. This really got names of businesses out there and is a great form of advertising. Also, the entire event was for a good cause because all of the proceeds went to the MSU Museum's.

2 comments:

  1. As far as advertising goes, you could have gone to literally any event and there would be advertising present. I thought it was interesting how the event you chose wasn't directly related to your field, but I feel like you still accomplished the goal of the assignment anyway. In the future, I would suggest that you go into a little more detail about the event so, as a reader, I can understand a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as Eric did, I found it interesting that the event you chose to go to was not directly related to your field but still demonstrated aspects of the advertising field. How many businesses were there? Were there different forms of advertising being used other than just big posters and signs? Were there certain businesses that stood out to you because of their advertising? Your blog leaves me asking a lot of questions and if you were to go a bit more in depth with this blog post and provide some more detail it would really enhance you overall representation of the event and give me a better understanding of it.

    ReplyDelete