Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hands-On Experience

Since I am an advertising major, there is not a lot that you can "practice" to be successful. It's more about being creative and spontaneous. Since I am only a freshman and job shadowing would be extremely hard to set up, I decided to take a different route. I did an exercise that my professor suggested and created and set up a marketing plan for a backpack. Obviously this was just an activity but it helped me learn a lot about creativity. I had to find a target market so I could figure out what to gear my advertisements towards. This is a lot like writing towards an audience which we do all the time in class. After picking a target market, I had to design my backpack. I had to pick a color, material and features. All of these had to be related to my target market. Some of the other things I had to do were, pick where i would be advertising, pick how and where I would distribute and sell the backpack, and I had to pick a price. All of these steps were very helpful in me learning what I had to do to create a product and advertise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment